Calling All Cakes

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday Rhetterbug!!


This cake I did for my cute little nephew who lives in Wisconsin.
Yes, WISCONSIN.

My mom was going for a visit, it's his birthday,
so I thought let's try out "Cake on a Plane!"

Good intentions right? But I had trouble from the start. Not a good sign. I learned I need to really think things through a little better.

First, I started sculpting a cute giraffe for the top of the cake when I realized that the dome probably wouldn't fit. So revisions were made. Second, (even after all my prep) I did a double check close to completion & that darn giraffe was still too tall even thought he was standing at the side now. So peel off; cut down. Third, I realized the monkey would be to tall with his party hat on...poor little monkey didn't get to wear his hat. Finally everything seemed to fit. Then fourth, I freaked about the wire & toothpick support I had in the monkey causing problems through security. So I quickly disassembled him and glued him back together with chocolate. Took my picks; popped the lid securely on; and, FIFTH, off popped one of the monkeys ears. It's too snug. R-U-kidding me?@*&!###@ Oh-well, I'm sure there will be travel damage.....so we'll let her do all the repairs once it's there. Sorry about the novel, here's the rest of the pics.






Hopefully there isn't a sixth....I'll have to wait and see.
Hope you liked the cake Breyn!

0 comments:

Post a Comment